Monday, March 3, 2008

Count Your Blessings--Name them One by One.........

What a day for blessings this has been. When things have looked a little bleak--God has delivered lots of big and small blessings our way.

Thank you to Art & Shirley Adams for taking on the pool cleaning--they made this wonderful offer several days ago and I haven't had an opportunity to let everyone know so we can cross it off our "list"

Thank you to Barb & Andy Moore for taking away all the old lumber and pipes to the dump. One more item checked off the "list"

Thank you to Jay & Cheryl Northam for finishing the concrete work by our driveway. Thanks to Cheryl for fixing all of my broken jewelry. Ditto another checked off the "list"

Thanks to Rita Snyder, my sister Debbie, and the gang at the ESD for making the upcoming Blood Drive a great success---that they've added units--Thanks for giving the gift of life sustaining blood to others!!

Thanks to Kathy Ray for delivering the most wonderful basket to our room today. We loved the delivery girl--Kylie Ray!!

Sanford Hillman dropped by to visit with Steve. He was in town with his father. Steve really enjoyed having him stop by.

We had a surprise vistor: Sara Beth Henderson came to the hospital to give Steve her dad's get well wishes. Don Henderson is finishing up his Master's at Northwest Nazarene University. Sara brought her precious daughters with her.

Thanks to Victoria for speaking to Edge Wireless and getting me a better plan for my cell service. And thanks to Donna Estrada!

Thanks to good friends from college, Jay Rais and Ellis Walker for planning to drive to Portland this weekend from Boise. That will be a big emotional boost to Steve.

Lynsey is so worried about her dad's condition, that she is driving home earlier. And thank you to Pastor Mark and Doris Bodenstab for offering to bring some of her stuff back home. They will be in Nampa for a Board of Trustee's meeting and the dates are wonderfully overlapping--is that coincidence??-or is it truly God's way of saying, "I'm in the details of your life, child."

Spent one full hour crying with dear friend, Linda Pierce, in Rockford, Illinois.
Having wonderful girlfriends, is one of life's special gifts..........everyone needs at least a dozen!! I am so blessed by having so many women who pray for me, cry with me, laugh with me, walk with me, do stupid stuff with me, and yet still love me in spite of it all. Plus they all know how very much I love Steve, and tonight they are ALL holding their husbands a little tighter!!

Oh, to be able to repeat the stupid fights, the unkind words. We always think we have All the Time in the World..........and then this happens.

mj

No comments: