Thursday, March 6, 2008

Corrections to the "List"

Lynsey arrived home late Tuesday evening. She brought her laptop to Steve's room so Steve could see the blog site. In reading over the postings I had made he said, "Mary Jo, we don't need a new slide for our pool--we need a diving board." I said, "I know that"--so he replied, "why does it say slide, then?"---

The answer is: I'm on mental overload and have No Idea why it says slide, rather than diving board. So let's replay my request:

**We would like to find a used diving board for our pool in good condition, as ours is in need of being replaced. To go through a pool supply company, the expense will be great. So we are just putting the request to see if anyone knows of someone who might have a diving board not needed. You just never know............

**Secondly, one more request that Steve is asking help is: We have some uneven concrete by our back door. And a thin coat of Top Coat to cover the concrete, would greatly be appreciated. The uneven concrete will make it difficult to push the wheelchair in and out of the house. I will gladly supply or reimburse the cost of the Top Coat, if someone would apply it.

***Thirdly, Bob & Sue Adams have primed and painted the walls of our bathroom. However, we need someone to paint the trim and door in the bathroom. If someone is able to do that please let me know or contact Bob & Sue Adams. Their phone numbers are: Sue, 643-0626 and Bog, 430-0228.

*** We have beadboard that needs to be fitted behind my stove. We still need someone to paint it, before it gets cut and placed behind stove. Ken Jameson has offered to it, but he lives in Eugene. If someone closer would like to take on that project, please let me know.

I will be home today (Thursday)--I have appts in Rsbg and will leave for the hospital Friday morning. So I can be reached by my cell phone 580-2058.

Steve is so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and kindnesses. He is really having a hard time handling the emotional overload. I keep telling him, "Honey, so many people love you and you are truly a wonderful man and people just want to help carry our load" He keeps saying, "But I can never repay them" and I tell him that people don't expect to be repaid. That they are blessed by being able to help a very kind and generous man. So our thanks go out to all of you over and over for being such a blessing to us.

Tonight Steve will get his permanent epidural for pain management. This procedure has a nice long name, which I promptly forgotten. I am so impressed with Dr. McClusky that I am going to consult with him about my back after we get Steve healthy. Which is my prayer constantly!!

mj

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve & Mary Jo - I hope you don't mind me posting a comment. I tried emailing but I'm sure that's not the best way to get a message to you. I just found out about Steve being in the hospital in Portland. I'd like to stop by today (Saturday) with some goodies. I also don't know if Mary Jo or family or friends might need a place to stay in Portland - we have an extra bedroom and we are not too far from the hospital. You can call me at (503)234-1243 or cell phone (503)515-9264.

Suzy Harris