Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Steve's Ties and memorial service

As many of you know, Steve loved children and he found an organization that made "Save the Children" ties and for years our family purchased ties for him to wear to work. He was a "tie- type of guy". So we have decided to celebrate his love of children and ties at his memorial service.

We have discovered that he has dozens of ties and we have one for each of you to wear to the memorial service; should you decide you'd like to wear one. We have picked out ties for many of you to wear. Some are silly; some not--but we'd like you to wear a tie in memory of Steve on Saturday.

With the left over ties we are going to use them as part of the centerpieces on the tables at the reception.

I will attempt to get your ties to you, if possible. If you can come by my house, I will allow you to choose what I have left. Gals, you can wear the tie as a head band, a belt, a scarve or a tie--your choice!

Steve would think this action funny and his wonderful sense of humor would be tickled by your wearing of his ties.

IF you have a fun tie that kind of looks kooky--please wear it in Steve's honor. No one needs to know that the tie you are wearing is Not from Steve's collection.

I'm trying to keep Steve's memory alive without sobbing and this way I think I can, by looking around and seeing his ties on so many that he loved!
If I haven't included everyone, please pass the word along and emphasize that If anyone has a childrens or funny tie of their own, please wear it..

mj

No comments: