Friday, April 4, 2008

Steve's Memorial Service

My lover, best friend, and husband's Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, April 12 at Sutherlin Family Church, Sutherlin, Oregon at 11:00 a.m.

Following the memorial service, a Celebration of Steve's life will be held. Where we'd like to celebrate Steve's life with the Lord. He was well loved and we want to laugh and remember the man who touched so many lives.

We are asking that in lieu of flowers that any donations to be made to the Steve Smith Educational Fund, PO Box 689, Oakland, Oregon 97462. Steve was a big propronent of education and wants his girls to get theirs.

Tonight (Friday) our local newspaper will have an article about Steve and I will send the link so that you all can read about the nomination he received.

Days are busy, but am sure that when the dust settles I'll be left with a large hole in my heart as well as in my life. No one writes a book on how to deal with a broken heart and tells you how to continue living without the person you love the most is no longer next to me. One of the ESD counsellors let me read a wonderful book called "Tear Soup" and it struck a chord, so I am going to order it. It spoke to me.
Maybe it'll be my recipe for the next few months--as I'll have plenty of tears to make the Soup.

mary jo

No comments: