Monday, February 25, 2008

List updates from Sunday--Praise the Lord He continues to bless us!!

OK--so I added some information to the blog and ran out of time to finish and edit. So I will try to make additions to you all and then edit the blog site:


Re; the list--here are the updates on that:

We have received many phone CARDS--& calls- so we thank Matt, Deana, Ellis & Mary for their generosity.

Jay & Cheryl Northam have consented to making a concrete addition to our sidewalk near our back driveway. Which will make it easier for Steve to navigate his
wheelchair and/or walker. Thank you so much!!

My wonderful girlfriends, Patti Long and Barb Moore came over Sunday afternoon and we decorated for Easter. Thank you both for making my heart smile!!!\
Easter is a time of re-birth and life--so I want to celebrate that event, by surrounding myself with Easter items. (It's a girl thing, I imagine..........)

The ESD is planning the Blood Drive on April 4 @ the ESD in Rsbg and are also planning a Garage Sale on Saturday, April 5 as a fundraiser for Steve.

Poor Steve is so overwhelmed with everyone's generosity & he is having trouble comprehending it. We are both so awed by the very love we feel from our friends & family.

RE: the kitchen table & chair set--still no picture to share with you--it is a wood round pedestal table w/leaf and it had very whimsical chairs. I know-- who describes chairs as whimsical?? Remember I'm under stress--so just bear with me. Deana (my sister-in-law) checks craigslist daily trying to find something that kinda resembles it--but no luck yet. So I still have the round kitchen table set on my List--but who knows I may go to my grave--with that set on my List.


Steve is getting weaker and more frail each day as the chemo starts wearing on his poor body. We are only at round # 3--so I pray that the Lord will give him added strength to withstand the next coming treatments. His hip is starting to hurt him--so I'm nervous about that. The doctors reassured me that the pain in his right hip would subside after the chemo and it did, but it's returning. There was cancer found in his right hip bone, in addition to the Central Nervous System.

But through all of this, he is very positive, says he feels good-- just fatigued and weak. He loves to have company and even though it tires him out--he really enjoys seeing his friends!!

Still plan on leaving Thursday for Dr. Nichols appt and hopefully be admitted to start the next round.

good night,
mj & steve

No comments: